Frequently Asked Questions About the Online Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic
Why Take the Online Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic?
- You may need to take it to satisfy a court order.
- The DMV requires you to attend a clinic. You must complete the entire eight-hour course. If you fail to complete the clinic by the DMV deadline, your driving privilege will be suspended until you meet this requirement.
- Your license has been revoked and you are required to complete the course as part of your reinstatement process.
- You may also volunteer to take this course, if you have a Virginia driver’s license, to receive up to 5 safe driving points on your driving record. Students who satisfactorily complete this 8-hour course can now also get insurance premium reductions. Individuals should contact their insurance companies to advise as to whether or not they offer this discount.
How do I Know if I am Eligible to Take the Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic Online?
The Virginia DMV has reviewed and Approved this online clinic. If the DMV requires you to take a Driver Improvement Clinic or you are voluntarily seeking positive points, you are eligible. Your court may or may not accept the certificate of completion. It is your responsibility to determine if your court accepts online driver improvement clinics.
How Long do I Have to Complete the Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic Online Course?
Once you have successfully completed the course by passing the final exam online, we will email you a course completion certificate (DMV Form DIC 552B). Be aware – the creation of your unique DIC 552B student completion certificate is a DMV-developed manual process so your certificate will be emailed to you after being fully processed usually within 2 business days from the date of your course completion (and payment).
How Much Does the Online Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic Cost And How Do I Pay For It?
The cost of the course is $60.00. You will register and pay this fee using our secure payment processor. Once we have confirmed your payment receipt, your Certificate of Completion (DIC 552B) will be emailed to you. We accept PayPal and through PayPal, all major credit cards.
Do I Need Any Special Computer Systems or Downloads to Take the Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic Online?
There are NO special system requirements or downloads necessary to take this online course. However, please make a note of the following:
- You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your computer to view/print your completion certificate. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is FREE and can be downloaded by going to https://get.adobe.com/reader/
How Do I Register For The Online Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic Cost And How Do I Pay For It?
- To begin, register using this link GET STARTED or click the button below.
- Make your payment
- Complete the registration form.
- Review the information and click on the “register” button.
- Access the course using the link provided in your email receipt and on the website.
- The list of sections will appear. Click on the “start course” button to begin learning!
Do I Need To Use The Same Computer To Complete The Course?
No. You can log in, re-enter, and take the course using any computer with any type of Internet connection.
If I Am Already Registered And Have Exited After Completing Only Some Of The Sessions, How Do I Re-Enter The Course?
Simply go to our Home Page and in the “Re-Enter the Course” section on the left, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Birthday in the proper format (mm/dd/yy). Then hit the “login!” button to resume the course. Don’t worry, our student progress monitoring feature will allow you to pick up exactly where you left off.
What Should I Do If I Can’t Remember The Answer To One Of My Personal Validation Questions?
Call us at 757-330-5115 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Click on the Contact Us button at the top of this page for all of our contact information.