Procedures For The Online Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic
Virginia Driver Improvement Clinic (DIC)
You may be taking this Driver Improvement Clinic for several reasons.
- You may need to take it to satisfy a court order.
- The DMV requires you to attend a clinic. You must complete the entire eight-hour course within 90 days. If you fail to complete the clinic by the DMV deadline, your driving privilege will be suspended until you meet this requirement.
- Your license has been revoked and you are required to complete the course as part of your reinstatement process.
- You may also volunteer to take this course, if you have a Virginia driver’s license, to receive up to 5 safe driving points on your driving record. Students who satisfactorily complete this 8-hour course can now also get insurance premium reductions. Individuals should contact their insurance companies to advise as to whether or not they offer this discount for their insures.
The cost of the course is $60.00. We accept PayPal and through PayPal, all major credit cards.
Instructions: How to Complete This Online Course And The Final Exam
- To begin, you must first register and pay for the course. REGISTER NOW or click the registration button below.
- Select your course.
- Complete the registration form.
- Review the information and click the Register button.
- The list of sessions will appear. Click on the “start course/test” button to begin learning!
- After completing each chapter of the program you will take a short quiz. After passing each quiz you will continue on to the next chapter.
- You will take a final examination online at the end of the course. Upon making payment and passing the final exam, we will email your Certificate of Completion. Be aware – the creation of your unique DIC 552B student completion certificate is a DMV-developed manual process so your certificate will be emailed to you after being fully processed on the same day.
Please note that you can exit and re-enter the program at your own convenience. Our student progress monitoring feature allows you to pick up exactly where you left off.
- Once you have read the 11 sessions and completed the End-of-Chapter Review Questions, you will be permitted to take the final exam.
- The final exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- You must answer at least 40 questions correctly (80%) to pass the course.
- Your answers will be graded electronically and you will be informed immediately of your test results.
- You may retake the course online for free until you pass.
Other Important Information
- To benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
- The online driver improvement course and the final test must be completed through a DMV-licensed online driver improvement clinic. No paper test is permitted.
- The online driver improvement clinic course is an eight-hour course, including the final test, and is designed to rehabilitate problem drivers. The course must be completed in its entirety prior to the issuance of a certificate of completion.
- Student identification will be verified throughout training and prior to taking the final test to ensure that the person taking the course is the same person taking the final test.
- Customers directed by the Court must provide documentation from the court before safe driving points can be awarded.
- The certificate of completion will be electronically transmitted (emailed) to all students within 2 business days from the date of successful completion of the course (including payment). You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your computer to view/print your completion certificate. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is FREE and can be downloaded by going to https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- The DMV standardized certificate, “Online Driver Improvement Clinic Certificate of Completion (DIC 552B)” is the only document that will be accepted by the Department and the Courts as proof of completion of an online driver improvement clinic.
Any students having difficulties using the Internet or having problems that occur online may call us at 757-330-5115. Please leave a message including your name, phone number, date & time, and reason for your call. A school representative will return your call as soon as possible.